Official releases of SecureCRT 8.0 and SecureFX 8.0 are now available with an updated user interface and enhanced smart card support. ClientPack 8.0 adds new public-key authentication options.
SecureCRT 8.0 for Windows with three tab groups and the new VS2013 Dark theme.
New for both SecureCRT 8.0 (Official) and SecureFX 8.0 (Official):
- An updated user interface (Windows only) with new display themes, toolbar icons, and support for high-DPI monitors
- Improved smart card (PIV/CAC) support (Windows only)
- Ability to generate and use ECDSA (RFC 5656) and Ed25519 keys
- X.509 v3 keys can be added to the SSH agent and public keys can be exported in OpenSSH format and from PKCS #11 (Windows only)
- Host key fallback ensures that connections automatically fall back to the ssh-rsa algorithm if a connection attempt with ssh-dss fails
New for SecureCRT 8.0:
- Tab groups (Windows only) make it easy to compare the output of two sessions and group related sessions in the same SecureCRT window.
- Improved button bar with ability to assign colors to button icons so that they are easy organize and the option to position the button bar at the top or bottom of the application window.
- The Command window is now more powerful with a “Send characters immediately” mode that sends control characters and escape sequences to sessions as they are typed — you can now edit files with vi or nano, use CTRL+C to stop running commands, and perform tab completion.
- The addition of TN3270 to SecureCRT’s extensive emulation support makes it easier to standardize on one terminal emulation application.
New for SecureFX 8.0:
- Automate and save time with the task scheduler (Windows only). You can set transfer and synchronize operations to run once, or on daily, weekly, or monthly intervals.
New for ClientPack 8.0:
- ClientPack 8.0 adds support for ECDSA (RFC 5656), Ed25519, and PuTTY PPK keys.
- X.509 public-key authentication is improved with support for algorithms specified in RFC 6187 (Windows only). Also new on Windows is the ability to add X.509 v3 keys to the SSH agent.
You can download any of the 8.0 Official releases from the Official download page.
Find out more about the 8.0 Official releases:
Please see the history files for a complete list of changes:
- SecureCRT 8.0 (Official) History File
- SecureFX 8.0 (Official) History File
- VanDyke ClientPack 8.0 (Official)
We want to hear your feedback. Send questions, requests, or bug reports to email@example.com.