Maintenance releases of SecureCRT 8.0.1, SecureFX 8.0.1, and VanDyke ClientPack 8.0.1 were released today to address issues found in the 8.0 releases. You can download the new releases from the official download page.
Please see the history files for a complete list of changes:
- SecureCRT 8.0.1 (Official) History File
- SecureFX 8.0.1 (Official) History File
- VanDyke ClientPack 8.0.1 (Official)
Here’s what one customer had to say about SecureCRT 8.0:
“I use SecureCRT daily and love it. The Command window’s “Send to all tabs” and “Send characters immediately” options simplify my process and save me time when I run the same commands to many devices at once. Before “Send characters immediately” was added, I would have to figure out the commands and then type them into the Command window. Sending immediately helps remove that step, again, saving me time.”—Scott Fella, Network Engineer
New for both SecureCRT 8.0.x and SecureFX 8.0.x:
- An updated user interface (Windows only) with new display themes, toolbar icons, and support for high-DPI monitors
- Improved smart card (PIV/CAC) support (Windows only)
- Ability to generate and use ECDSA (RFC 5656) and Ed25519 keys
- 509 v3 keys can be added to the SSH agent and public keys can be exported in OpenSSH format and from PKCS #11 (Windows only)
- Host key fallback ensures that connections automatically fall back to the ssh-rsa algorithm if a connection attempt with ssh-dss fails
New for SecureCRT 8.0.x:
- Tab groups (Windows only) make it easy to compare the output of two sessions and group related sessions in the same SecureCRT window.
- Improved button bar with ability to assign colors to button icons so that they are easy organize and the option to position the button bar at the top or bottom of the application window.
- The Command window is now more powerful with a “Send characters immediately” mode that sends control characters and escape sequences to sessions as they are typed — you can now edit files with vi or nano, use CTRL+C to stop running commands, and perform tab completion.