Maintenance releases are now available for SecureCRT 8.0.4 and SecureFX 8.0.4. You can download the new releases from the Official Download page.
Please see the history files for a complete list of changes:
Find out more about the 8.0.4 Official releases:
New for both SecureCRT 8.0.x (Official) and SecureFX 8.0.x (Official):
- An updated user interface (Windows only) with new display themes, toolbar icons, and support for high-DPI monitors
- Improved smart card (PIV/CAC) support (Windows only)
- Ability to generate and use ECDSA (RFC 5656) and Ed25519 keys
- X.509 v3 keys can be added to the SSH agent and public keys can be exported in OpenSSH format and from PKCS #11 (Windows only)
- Host key fallback ensures that connections automatically fall back to the ssh-rsa algorithm if a connection attempt with ssh-dss fails
New for SecureCRT 8.0.x:
- Tab groups (Windows only) make it easy to compare the output of two sessions and group related sessions in the same SecureCRT window.
- Improved button bar with ability to assign colors to button icons so that they are easy organize and the option to position the button bar at the top or bottom of the application window.
- The Command window is now more powerful with a “Send characters immediately” mode that sends control characters and escape sequences to sessions as they are typed — you can now edit files with vi or nano, use CTRL+C to stop running commands, and perform tab completion.
- The addition of TN3270 to SecureCRT’s extensive emulation support makes it easier to standardize on one terminal emulation application.
New for SecureFX 8.0.x:
- Automate and save time with the task scheduler (Windows only). You can set transfer and synchronize operations to run once, or on daily, weekly, or monthly intervals.
We want to hear your feedback. Send questions, requests, or bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.