The Beta 4 releases of SecureCRT 8.5 and SecureFX 8.5 are now available for download.
SecureCRT 8.5 gives you new ways to customize your workflow with a Button Bar Manager for adding, deleting, duplicating, and rearranging multiple button bars, the ability to configure the Command window to send commands to different sessions, and enhancements to the multi-line paste dialog. Individual Quick Connect sessions can now be saved.
“Being able to review and edit the multi-line paste confirmation dialog is a game changer for my team. This last fail safe before code gets entered saves us from making mistakes. My team gets a chance to review and validate that they are on the correct device and that there are no errors.” – David A. Torode, network analyst, Beaumont Health
SecureFX 8.5 improves your workflow with a Bookmark Manager for adding, deleting, editing, and copying bookmarks as well as other bookmark enhancements. Externally launched sessions automatically open in the existing SecureFX application window. SFXCL enhancements give you more options for automated file transfers.
Here’s what you’ll find in the 8.5 (beta) releases:
New in SecureCRT 8.5 (beta)
- Improved button bar management: The Button Bar Manager allows you to add, duplicate, edit, delete, rename, and rearrange button bars. Admins who use a large number of buttons can use the Button Manager to rearrange, edit, add, delete, copy, and paste buttons.
- Multi-line paste dialog improvements: You can now review and edit the text in the multi-line paste confirmation dialog before it gets pasted into a session, reducing potential errors. The confirmation dialog can also be resized.
- Save ad hoc sessions: You now have the ability to save individual sessions that were connected using Quick Connect, the Connect bar, or the command line.
- Script status indicator: A script status indicator shows you when a script is running in tabbed and tiled sessions.
- Command window: Configure the Command window to send commands to all sessions, the visible sessions, or the active session by default.
New in SecureFX 8.5 (beta)
- Bookmark enhancements: A Bookmark Manager makes it easier for you to add, delete, and edit bookmarks as well as copy them from another session. The File menu and the file view context menu now show all bookmarks.
- Single application window: If SecureFX is already running and a new SecureFX session is launched from SecureCRT, from the system desktop, or from the command line, the new session will open in the existing SecureFX application window.
- SFXCL enchancements: New parameters have been added for customizing output and to give you more options for automated file transfers.
You can download any of the 8.5 beta releases from the beta download page.
Find out more about the 8.5 Beta releases:
Please see the history files for a complete list of changes:
We want to hear your feedback. Send questions, requests, or bug reports to email@example.com