New Beta 1 releases of SecureCRT 8.0, SecureFX 8.0, and VanDyke ClientPack 8.0 are now available for download.
SecureCRT 8.0 (beta) and SecureFX 8.0 (beta) feature:
- An updated user interface for versions running on the Windows platform, including new themes, toolbar icons, and support for high-DPI monitors
- Improved smart card (PIV/CAC) support (Windows only)
- Ability to generate and use ECDSA (RFC 5656) and Ed25519 keys
- PuTTY PPK keys can be used for public-key authentication
- 509 v3 keys can be added to the SSH agent and public keys can be exported in OpenSSH format and from PKCS #11 (Windows only)
- Host key fallback ensures that connections automatically fall back to the ssh-rsa algorithm if a connection attempt with ssh-dss fails
Tab groups in SecureCRT 8.0 for Windows make it easy to compare the output of two sessions and group related sessions in the same SecureCRT window. All versions of SecureCRT 8.0 improve the button bar with the ability to assign colors to button icons, so that they are easy to see and organize, and the option to position the button bar at the top or bottom of the application window.
The Command window is now more powerful with a “Send characters immediately” mode that sends control characters and escape sequences to sessions as they are typed, which means that you can now edit files with vi or nano, use CTRL+C to stop running commands, and perform tab completion. The addition of TN3270 to SecureCRT’s extensive emulation support makes it easier to standardize on one terminal emulation application.
SecureFX 8.0 for Windows helps automate and save time with a task scheduler that allows transfer and synchronize operations to run once, or on daily, weekly, or monthly intervals.
ClientPack 8.0 adds support for ECDSA (RFC 5656), Ed25519, and PuTTY PPK keys. On Windows, X.509 public-key authentication is improved with support for algorithms specified in RFC 6187. Also new on Windows is the ability to add X.509 v3 keys to the SSH agent.
You can download any of the 8.0 beta releases from the beta download page.
Find out more about the 8.0 Beta releases:
Please see the history files for a complete list of changes:
We want to hear your feedback. Send questions, requests, or bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.